Top Essential Tasks of Security Guards in Business Premises
To live a peaceful and stress-free life, it is important to have ample protection and security because of the growing crime rates. There are numerous means to provide certain protection to you and your belongings, especially on business premises, which require safety because the information is confidential and should not be leaked to the competitor. You can employ a full-time security guard and guard monitoring system to keep track of people.
Well, there are several different skills that a security guard should possess to provide a secure environment with these essential tasks of Security Guards, in Business premises.
- Carefully patrol the business premises – While on patrol with Guard Patrol Products, it is the job of a security guard to notice everything. The places, people, how they look and act, If any situation about to arise. Because if you have details, you can easily describe how the person looks like and what was the situation. To expand on that, good memory will serve him well. There are a lot of tasks that are required a security guard, so the better memory, the easier the job be.
- Keep an eye on monitoring systems (CCTV and Alarm system) – Monitor closely the threat of theft from outside the business can be examined and steps can be taken to secure the perimeter of the premises by using all security guard equipment such as CCTV, access control, intruder alarms, etc, completely depends on the Security guard.
- Writing Reports (entries and exits)– One of the main tasks required of a security guard is to write reports, in the form of entries and exits. Reports are very important because they keep track of everything that goes on within the area, and may be used in court to report on the exact events on a certain day. Attention to detail will not only help to write better reports, but it will help in better guarding.
- Handle the emergency- To handle the emergency it’s important to think quickly. Because many times, there are only a few seconds to make a decision and weigh to pros and cons. It can be scary at times, especially when there are situations where weapons and confrontations may occur.
- Maintain crowd and orders– In the case of seminars, factions and parties crowd control will need significant event security. Because the situation can go out of control at any time. At a time clients can impose a lot of regulations. It is the job of a guard to ensure that these rules are implemented correctly in the security module including checking badges of employees, using metal detectors and fire safety.
- Conduct first Aid and CPR– Their job is to prevent and deter crime. This includes the ability to make arrests if needed, perform first aid and CPR. So, they can save lives if someone is seriously injured loses consciousness inside their jurisdiction.
- Good Communication skill- The guard is the liaison between the events that happen in a location, and the police or fire department. Because like a customer service help desk while on the job, many people will come for help, or even explain a situation that they think to take action on.
- Call for help if needed- In case there is a full-scale robbery, a single guard is not enough to prevent them. In such circumstances, the guards should remain calm and call the local police immediately. Until the time the police arrive, he should be capable of implementing the basic security measures that can save and protect the assets to a certain extent.
- Visibility– The Security guard should always be visible to the public eye. Several kinds of research have confirmed that if an intruder notices that guards are protecting their target, they will be deterred by it. If these guards are highly visible, it will discourage thieves and burglars from doing any damage.
- Operate the security equipment- With the new age thread, the guard should know how to operate the security equipment. Although the job and duties may differ, there is a variety of security guard equipment can use for better perform their job.
There are multiple solutions available to take care of different needs while recruiting people. For instance, Guard Patrol Products is available in the UK to the clients for providing quality manpower and hi-tech security products and guard monitoring systems at a pocket-friendly cost.