The Smart Security Camera Arlo is Google Assistant Enhanced
Arlo, the smart and wire free security camera comes with amazing HD video quality, free cloud recording, live streaming, two-way audio, and instant alerts among the other smart features. It’s also a weatherproof camera and braves the snow, heat or rain. The security of your loved ones is just a tap away and you can stay in control of the device anytime and at any time. All that you need to do is download the free Arlo app available for the Android, Apple TV and iOS.
Is Netgear’s Arlo Line of Cameras Pocket-Friendly?
It goes without saying that Arlo line of smart cameras are sophisticated, and they are expensive. But what makes it worth is its recent integration with Google Assistant. The good news is that people who own an Arlo line of smart cameras are getting an update from the company.
”Ok Google, show Front Door on Living Room TV,” is the sample voice command that you need to give to Google Assistant. This will stream the live video on the Chromecast enable television placed in your living room.
The Google Assistant enhanced cameras can live stream the feed to any of the Chromecast enabled devices. All that they have to do is voice their commands at the Google Assistant through their Google Home. And Voila! It obeys your commands faithfully and streams it on any of the Chromecast enabled device.
The Arlo smart camera models that will be updated are the following :-
- Arlo Pro
- Arlo Pro2
- Arlo Q Plus
- Arlo Go
- Arlo Baby
How to connect Arlo to the Google Assistant?
From the Play store, download the Google Assistant app on your Android or iOS device, preferably your smartphone.
Go to Assistant settings and select Google Home control. Here, select the blue FAB (Floating Action Button) to add all your Arlo cameras.
Follow the instructions of the setup wizard to configure the security camera.
Why you should opt for Arlo Smart Security Cameras?
- Arlo cameras can be placed anywhere and they have the ability to stream a very sharp daytime as well as nighttime videos.
- When a motion or audio is detected anytime of the day, you will receive an instant email or mobile alert.
- You can connect up to five cameras to the Arlo App for free. However, if you want to increase the number of cameras you need to upgrade the account. Once upgraded you can connect up to 15 cameras.
- You can personalize your requirements and preferences of the functioning of your Arlo security system.
- Another interesting feature is the sharing of the camera access with close friends and family. So, everyone is kept in the closed loop regarding the latest events.
- The basic plan provided by Arlo cams allows you access to audio and video triggered recordings from the past seven days.
- Another interesting feature is that Arlo Basic plan is available for every camera and for up to five cameras per account.
Now you are aware of the superior functioning of the Arlo Line of Smart Security cameras, you should loosen your purse strings to choose a model that best suits your home or office. These cameras are available in both the physical retail shop as well as in the reputed e-commerce stores.